Monday, November 19, 2007

Buenos Aires Day 1

It’s a wrap on the 25th Worlds! We had a great time at the banquet the night before but it was so late into the evening (dinner was served at 23:00) that most teams headed out after desert was served. We met up with the gang the next morning for breakfast and a rehash of the previous day’s events.

We said our goodbye’s to my fellow team members and friends before leaving the winds of Santa Fe and the now simple sanctity of one plane and one pilot working the flight box. We trade that for the super pedestrian shopping area of Buenos Aires and the chance to rub elbows with half a million other shoppers! Even my wife is in S.S. mode…. “Shopper Shock”. Every fancy shopping store is located in a special walking area in the heart of the city just off the main street of #9 De Julio. Now when I say “Main Street” I am not kidding…. it has more lanes than our very own BC Ferries parking lot.

Team Suriname heads down the highway.







I was very lucky on the shopping trip with Kelly today as I was able to pick up a couple Pico Dulce suckers. These are great little treats and help pass the time as the wife drags me from store to store. (Just ask Andrew Jesky… it worked for him before round 4 on Saturday!)

Anyway I did actually pick up some men’s cologne as my previous scent had long since mellowed since my glow powered days:-) .
We had a good look around and found some great parks close by. We plan to check them out over the coming days.


We had a great steak dinner (best so far) at a restaurant close to our hotel in the walking district. They have a huge BBQ pit going and it was incredible service from start to finish. We decide after dinner that it will be our “last meal” location prior to leaving Wednesday.

We walked back to the hotel on a great evening. We are beat so it's early to bed for all of us. We plan on doing some geocaching tomorrow.
More on my pack issue later :-)

No comments: